Sunday, November 14, 2010

Dear God, We Need This Much Money

Discouragement has been rearing it's ugly head lately.  If only I weren't human and didn't have to fight my flesh! 

I prayed on Thursday night as I left my life group.  Should I keep forging on to Australia or play it safe, keep my job, and save more and more?  So, as I drove, I prayed.  Recognizing that God is so much bigger than my needs.  What is any of this to a God who spoke and created the world? 

But, I desire to do His will and want to make sure where I am headed is where he is leading. 

An electronic billboard flashed through ads in the night sky as I headed downtown on the connector.  A lottery sign flashed up.  I laughed.  When I was about 4 years old, my parents needed money for missions.  We prayed as a family.  With the absolute faith of a child, I prayed, "Dear God, we need 'this much' money." I held up my small hands indicating a large stack of bills.  And, God showed up.  Someone who knew my parents had purchased a lottery ticket.... a winning ticket for the exact amount of money my parents needed. 

Here I am, 23 years later, praying the same prayer and God sent me a little reminder of how He always comes through. 

The next day, I came home from work to find a $1000 check in the mail.  I felt it was the confirmation I needed.  Keep moving forward, don't give up, God is so much bigger!

No comments: