Wednesday, March 16, 2011

God's Provision

Typed: March 15, 2011

We had an evening of giving.  We were told to go pray about what God would like us to say to people (words of encouragement or Bible verses), as well as items and money.  God called me to give my spending money to a few people who still needed Outreach funds, as well as a few other items. 

When we got there, they had all of the people who still needed funds to stand up at the front.  They wrote out how much each person needed and totaled it for both DTSs (mine and the Not For Sale).  It was $10,664 and some change.  Then they asked us to pray for them. Those called to contribute to them to give them the financial gifts.  After about 20 minutes of this, we added how much everyone got.  There was less than $3000 left in need.  Then, they asked for those who hadn't given but now felt like God was calling them to contribute to also give.  After about 5 minutes everyone had their full funds!!!  All of this was given sacrificially from other poor students, not outside funds.  It was amazing how God just multiplied and provided huge amounts of money!  You wouldn't have believed it unless you were there!  It was so cool.   

Then, we had a time of communion and committed to each other through prayer.  I have really felt drawn to a certain girl.  She is an Aussie, 21 years old.  She lost her mom to cancer when she was 16 and she is the oldest in her family.  Her dad remarried almost immediately and she moved out on her own soon after.  She has experienced some abuse.  She was very much a loner when we first got out here.  Anyway, I prayed about it and have really been seeking a friendship with her from the beginning.  I just felt like I needed to commit to being a big sister to her and hold her accountable and pray for her regularly.  It was really cool to just spend time in prayer with her and commit to walking with her through life, no matter where we are at.  She was cute and finished by telling me she feels like deep down I am really Australian and belong here.... prophetic? We'll see.  She is one of about five Aussies who has told me they think I am secretly an Australian posing as an American.  I do get along with them the best. 

Anyway, then we had a time of giving gifts and items to each other.  During Lordship week, I had given away some books I really liked to people who I felt needed them more.  Well, my darling Brit, Laurie, gave me two books without knowing I had given away my books.  They are 2 books written by journalists about the middle east and central asia.... which is the area I've been reading about lately.  They look incredible and I can't wait to start reading.  It was just a huge blessing to see how God spoke to people to give up things and all of the things they gave were items the person who received them had really needed or wanted. 

No comments: