Tuesday, February 08, 2011

A Glimpse of My Day

5:15 am I get up.  By 5:30 am I am running or hiking up the huge hill here with a group of my peers.  The sun comes up around this time, so it's beautiful to sit at the top and stare out at the ocean.  Then we hike back down. 
Breakfast is at 6:45 am.  We have quiet time to pray and read our Bibles for about an hour after that, then we either have worship or prayer time in groups for an hour or so.
We have lectures until 12:30 pm and then lunch.  Lectures are pretty in depth, intense Christian and Bible teaching.
Then, we all have chores (I clean our flat which 9 girls live in). 
We usually have an hour or so of free time (I usually swim or read), then dinner.  Depending on the evening, we have free time or Outreach Prep and sometimes more lectures.
Saturdays we do "Youth Street" which starts at 1 pm.  About 100 of the local teenagers come and spend time with us.  I am on the Dance Team, so we teach and learn dances.  We'll be performing in a few weeks. 
Sundays are usually free days.  We usually walk to the beach, swim, and play games.  There are stingers (jellyfish) and tiger sharks here, so we can only swim within special nets set up.

No comments: