Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Pre-Camping

Currently in my 4th week of lectures (5th week in Australia) and preparing for 2 weeks of camping. 

Life is flying by in an exciting and amazing blur.  Lectures have all been so intense.  I know God is moving in me and building me up, I just pray that this isn't one of those temporary changes.  I want this to be a lifetime change.  To live deeper in His grace daily. 

This week we are learning about intimacy and fear of God.  How God longs for a relationship with us.  One that is deeper than this distant creator but one that is close.  Isaiah 62:5 ... as the bridegroom rejoices over the bride, so your God will rejoice over you...."  Our relationship with God needs to be less about discipline and more about striving to know God on a deeper level.  Read the Bible like a love letter from God rather than a strick set of rules and regulations.  If we love Him, we will obey His commands because we want to serve Him. 

Life has been awesome living in constant intercession and prayer.  One of the things I love most about this place is that we are always living in prayer.  In all that we do, we bring it to God.  He is revealing Himself in ways I never knew He could. 

On another note, had an amazing weekend.  Youth Street on Saturday was Nerd themed.  We (the Jan DTS) carried it to a whole other level of nerdiness.  Seems like us leaders have more fun than the crew do half the time.

Sunday was "Fun-day" and we had pancakes for breakfast at one of our leader's houses.  I don't think I've laughed so much in my life.  We literally were just sitting in a group making faces.  It's amazing how something so simple and childish can bring absolute joy.  Then, I went with two of the Aussies in my class to Crystal Creek which is about an hour from here.  It was beautiful.  I will include photos. 




Sunday-Funday with my Aussie friend, Emma, and Aussie leader, Dave.



What a bunch of Nerds! (Vianee "Ger", Laurie "UK", Chelsea "USA", Hannah "Den", Me)

No comments: