Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Waiting is the Hardest Part

I have started two new jobs which I am very grateful for.  They help pass time quicker and provide income and savings I need to return to Australia.  But, waiting really is the hardest part.

My new jobs now conflict with most of my friends' work schedules.  It also conflicts with Life Group.  Free time normally equates, Erin time.  I get things accomplished but there are only so many hours in a day for reading and chores.

Feeling pretty lonely.  My friend, Christina, just left to embark on a two+ year adventure to England with Operation Mobilization.  I am so excited for her, but that leaves me with limited friends who have a heart/understanding for missions.  Two other good friends just had babies, making their whole world a whole different world than mine.  Feeling pretty lonely.

Let's face it.  I miss Australia.  I know I'm going back but those six months stretch out ahead of me as if eternity.  I miss my DTS family who are scattered across the globe.  A lot of them are returning to University.

While other lives seem to move on to marriage, university, kids, world missions, mine feels like it is standing still.  Nay, I feel as if I am being pulled backward.  It's been two months since I left Australia and this time feels longer than the six months I was there.

I know this is me complaining.  I really have a good life and no hardships, so I shouldn't complain.  I have a wander-lust.  A desire to go do.  A desire to use my time to be meaningful.  My love language is acts of service and physical touch.... two things I'm missing a lot.  Once, I get my work schedule worked out, I plan on serving in the community, however, right now it's scattered all over.

But waiting is the hardest part! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Older post, but still, loved it. Your heart is huge Erin, I can see it through your anticipation to go. Remember those feelings of loneliness, and remind yourself you're not the only one who feels it. I have to remember that all the time, best way to remember is by finding someone else who is lonely and pouring into them. God definitely has the ability to use you in this place, search Him out on it. When you're active, He matches you 2 fold. Trust me. Ramblings from a fellow learning heart.

Love you girl. Keep that smile on.
Shine. Sam